Click images to view slideshow from EarthFest 2013
Exhibitor Applications are now available! Click here for your application.
Click here to download an Art, Poetry and Essay Contest brochure
Click here to read the latest press release: EarthFest 2014 - Celebrating the Year of Zero Waste (2/5/2014)
Join Earth Day Coalition for EarthFest 2014 at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, on Sunday, April 13th from 10am-5pm. In partnership with Mayor Frank Jackson’s Sustainable Cleveland 2019 initiative, the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District, Cuyahoga Arts & Culture, Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District and ZeroWasteNEO, this year’s EarthFest will celebrate the “Year of Zero Waste.” There will be over 250 exhibits in Zero Waste, Local and Sustainable Food, Green Home and Garden, Advanced and Renewable Energy, Clean Transportation (with Ride and Drive), Family Fun, Health and Fitness, Community Works and Environmental Science.
Families will enjoy all day entertainment with eco-activities, biodiesel-powered amusement park rides, all day music, urban farm animals, pony rides, petting zoos, healthy food from local food trucks, local microbrews and vintners, and much more…Presented and organized by Earth Day Coalition since 1990, EarthFest is Ohio’s largest environmental education event and the longest running Earth Day celebration in the nation.
Celebrating the Year of Zero Waste:
• Learn how to make your lifestyle less wasteful by participating in on our first ever workshop series. Presented by Diane Bicket, Doreen Schreiber and Kathleen Rocco of the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District, guests will have an opportunity to learn about everything from curbside recycling, composting, and how to dispose of items that are not included in curbside pick-up.
• Visit the “Ton of Trash” display to see how much garbage the average household generates in a year and what percentage of that can be recycled or composted.
• Ohio City Bicycle Co-Op and Cleveland Bike Composting will run “Zero Emissions for Zero Waste” rickshaws to unload recycling and composting stations throughout the day. ZeroWaste NEO volunteers will be stationed at each composting/recycling area to provide educational instruction on proper composting and recycling practices.
• K-12 students are encouraged to enter Earth Day Coalition’s annual Art, Poetry and Essay contest and explore what they can do in their households to reduce waste. Winning entries will receive free admission to EarthFest and will be invited to participate in the Welcoming Ceremonies, where they will be awarded the acclaimed Hope and Stanley Adelstein Award for Excellence, which includes a cash prize. Click here for a brochure.
$4 ages 2-11
$8 ages 12+
• Under age 2
• Ride & park your bicycle in the designated bicycle valet parking area
• Ride RTA's Redline (regular fare) to Brookpark Rapid Station & take the free EarthFest shuttle to Fairgrounds
• Current Earth Day Coalition members ($35 Individual level or $50 family level minimum). *You can renew or become a member online or at the entrance to EarthFest. Membership also includes admission to the EarthFest VEP (Very Environmental Persons) hospitality area catered by Nature’s Bin
• Teachers and their immediate family (must present current school ID)
Sponsor, exhibitor and volunteer opportunities are available! Contact Events and Marketing Coordinator Christina Yoka at (216) 281-6468 ext. 231 to find out how you can get involved.